Trent Brothers Residence
Trent Brothers Residence
On August 27, 1832, Alexander Trent bought a lot where he and his brother Martin built a house for their families. Alex was a corporal in Lincoln's company during the Black Hawk War. In the autumn of 1832, he bought William Clary's store and was issued a tavern license that December. On June 6, 1833, Alex was issued a license to operate the New Salem Ferry. Trent renewed his license once on March 6, 1834, but then sold the enterprise to Jacob and Hardin Bale.
PreviousNext